Wednesday, January 16, 2019

1.16.19 Just Breathe

Just Breathe














There are some days that are more stressful.  Some memories that are too painful, and every year those anniversary dates roll around again. The years since the tragedy has taken place really seem like just yesterday. They say time can heal all wounds but that's really not true.  Love can help the hurt, but the wound is still there.  Just breathe my friend, Just breathe. Deep breathing exercises can help reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and reduce anxiety.  Guided imagery and meditation can do wonders.

These are the things I had in mind when I created this card. The mantra "Just Breathe" isn't one that is found on too many stamps or dies in the card making industry. I have searched and I've only found one stamp set with those words.  I was so glad that my dear husband got me a Brother Scan N Cut for Christmas. I found a shop on Etsy that had this sentiment available as an SVG file and I purchased it. I printed it out three times on my Scan N Cut then glued the three layers together, making a thicker stack paper and giving he words some dimension.

As the words dried, I used the Brutus Monroe Embossing Folder "Petal Flowers" to emboss a piece of 4" x 5.25" white 110 pound Neenah card stock.  I ran the folder with the paper inside through my Big Kick.  Then I used Brutus Monroe surface inks in these colors: Rock Candy, Cornflower, Sea and Cabana.  I used (cosmetic) blending brushes to apply the ink on my embossed card stock. I would like to say I was successful at making it look like an Ombré effect, but it actually looks more like stained glass, and I am OK with that.  I then secured the inked panel to a 4.25" x 5.5" folded card.

Last step was embossing the word "Just Breathe" with Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder and using my heat tool to set the embossing powder.  Then I glued the words "Just Breathe"onto the front of the blue panel and my card was done!

This is one of the my favorite cards because of the sentiment "Just Breathe."  I hope you remember to "Just Breathe"and relax the next time you feel your blood pressure begin to boil. 

Remember, You are loved and the world needs your light.  I need your light. Don't forget you matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...