Sunday, January 20, 2019

1.20.19 Cute Peek-a-boo Window Card Using Blending (cosmetic) brushes

On January 12, 2019 I completed a You Tube live that was all about using blending brushes to make backgrounds for cards. I asked my crafty friends on the live stream to pick out the colors for me to blend and the stamps to use with each card panel. This teamwork approach resulted in this cute peek-a-boo window card featuring a sweet bunny family.  


Cosmetic Style Blending Brushes are all the rave right now in the craft world. They are being touted as life altering. And for good reason. These soft bristled, velvety smooth,ergonomically shaped blending tools are like a dream when using them to apply ink to paper. Very little "elbow grease" is required to lay down a nice layer of ink. 
























I purchased an initial three pack set of Cosmetic Blending Brushes at a big box retail chain for a the low price of $5.00.  I wanted to see what all the hype was about before making a larger investment. When I played with them I found them to be so effortless to use, I decided to purchase more.  I also purchased a set of 10 for $10.00 on Amazon.

Here is the inside of the Green Card:


Here are some other example cards that I made using the cosmetic blending brushes for the background panel (embossed first with Brutus Monroe embossing folder).  The cute sentiments and characters that I colored in with copic markers are also from Brutus Monroe.





 These cards were alot of fun to create because the blending brushes made it so easy and because I did these cards during a You Tube live stream where I got alot of good ideas from the people watching.  Thank you my crafty friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...