Saturday, June 1, 2019

Graduation Card

Hello and thank you for stopping by my blog.

I made a card recently for a young man about to graduate from High School. The background stamp is from Unity Stamps and Brutus Monroe and is called "Hit the Brick."  I used Brutus Monroe "Wagon" ink on the stamp and stamped it twice using my MISTI.

Then I stamped the young man in the graduation cap and gown using the Unity Stamp "You Did Good" Stamp set.  I colored the young man with a variety of alcohol markers including: Copic Sketch and Nuvo.  


The graduate's school colors are red and black, so I used my Copic Alcohol Marker #R46: Strong Red.  I used a dark gray to color the cap and gown and since his hair color is black I used black for his hair. 

The "You Did Good" stamp set also includes the sentiment "Congratulations Couldn't Be More Proud of You."  I stamped the sentiment using Brutus Monroe Raven Detail Ink.  

After coloring the image and die cutting the sentiment with a banner die, I used foam tape to mount both the sentiment and the image to the red brick wall card panel.  I then mounted it on black card stock.  I think this card looks great and I hope you will agree!  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  

Please follow me on Instagram at Shultz551
and watch my video tutorial for how I made this card on my You Tube Channel which is TracyShultz: https://youtu.be/rV7JjoSkvEk





No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...