Friday, June 14, 2019

Vivid Watercolor Card

Hello.  Thank you for stopping by my blog today! This my second card as a Guest Designer for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps! Hope you will read the information below to learn how I made this stunning card. Thanks again!


When Blue Knight Rubber Stamps honored me by selecting me to be a Guest Designer, they mailed me this stamp to be used for my projects:
Blue Knight Rubber Stamp "Lighthouse on the Beach"



The following is a list of the steps I took to create this card. I also made a short video and posted it to my You Tube Channel and called "Vivid Watercolor Card" here:   https://www.youtube.com/c/TracyShultz


  1. I trimmed a piece of Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigment watercolor paper to 4.25 by 5.5 I taped the paper down onto my cutting board with painting tape. I then heavily spritzed the panel with water until is was saturated.



2. I used Brutus Monroe Aqua pigment Water colors - making drops on the paper. In an effort to get the water colors moving, I used a piece of plastic wrap on top of the panel to create an interesting watercolor background. The colors I used were all metallic watercolors. 


3. I added more drops in areas where I thought I needed a deeper hue blue or pink. I repeated the plastic wrap smooch technique several times, and I added water to the panel where needed to get the water colors moving. 

4. I used my heat gun to dry to panel. I used black Archival ink to stamp the lighthouse and the beach scene. The Blue Knight Rubber Stamps magnetic ink pad handle helps keep my fingers clean as I stamped. I then stamped the sentiment, which comes from Isaiah 40:31.  In addition to the sentiment, the folks at BKRS sent me an eagle to go along with the Bible Verse. 




5.  I  trimmed the panel to remove the borders where the blue painting tape was used to hold the water color paper down on the cutting board. 

6. To clean my stamps I used Brutus Monroe Squeaky Clean stamp cleaner. 



7. I used the Crop A Dial to round the corners of both the water color panel and the pink paper I used to mat the panel.


 8. I adhered the panel and pink mat to a black A2 card base.



Here's a close up of the Lighthouse Tower, stamped with Ranger Archival Ink:




Here's a close up of the Bible verse and eagle stamps:

A final photo of the finished Vivid Watercolor card:


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed this card. Don't forget to check my You Tube video:


and other social media posts (Instagram: Shultz551; Facebook: Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps) featuring this card.


Tracy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...