Sunday, December 15, 2019

Checking it Twice | Createful Heart Design

Hello, thank you for stopping by my blog. Today I have a cute card featuring Santa who has his pen in his hand because he's making his list and checking it twice!  The sentiment says "Santa, define good!"
                          


To create this card, I printed the image "Checking It Twice" on my ink jet printer. The image can be purchased at Createful Heart Design here:

For Santa's hair and beard, I used a light gray alcohol marker and just outlined the beard, mustache, eye brows, hair lines, etc. This provided some contrast. I then colored in the beard, hair, eye brows, mustache and the fur trim on Santa's wrists with a white Jelly Roll pen. 

For Santa's face I used flesh toned alcohol markers. I used the same for his hands. I colored his eyes with a blue jelly roll pen and his glasses with a gold gel pen. I used a brown jelly roll pen for his pen and a silver glitter jelly roll pen for the tip of the pen.  Then I used a red alcohol ink marker to fill in around his wrist and  chest (to give it the look of his red suit).

I stamped the sentiment "Santa, define good!" using red pigment ink and then I sprinkled it with festive embossing powder. The embossing powder is red with gold glitter.

I adhered Santa and the sentiment to red glitter stock paper. I then embellished the card with candy canes, a foiled tree, and the north pole post mark (this was a tag but I trimmed it down). Finally, I adhered the glitter stock to a piece of patterned paper.  This is a 6"x6" card.

This is my fourth month as a member of the Design Team for  Createful Heart Design, a digital stamp and digital paper company. The owners of Createful Heart Design, Mary, and her husband Mark draw all the digital stamps by hand and Mary designs the digital papers on her computer. It is exciting to be a part of this design team and I hope that you will check out their online store.Here is a link to the online shop:

Follow me on Social Media:

Instagram: @Shultz551


This card is also entered into the ModSquad Challenge: http://modsquadchallenge.com/


Thank you for stopping by my blog and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...