Sunday, July 5, 2020

Happy Hedgehog Blue Knight Rubber Stamps

Oh Happy Day! I am super excited to be posting my official blog entry as a design team member for Blue Knight Rubber Stamps, one of my all time favorite stamp companies. I am serving as a guest designer for the term of July - December 2020 and today is my first post for that term. You will see me post at least twice per month, sometimes more, both on my blog and on my You Tube Channel. You can find each of today's featured stamps HERE, at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.


Here is my first card for today:

 
I created a video on my You Tube Channel with step by step instructions:



Step by Step instructions:
1. Using turquoise, violet and small bit of ultramarine blue PanPastels, I colored clouds in the background using the Clouds Stencil available at Blue Knight Rubber Stamps. This stencil is a must have for anyone that uses PanPastels or does ink blending. Here is a link to the cloud stencil: https://blueknightrubberstamps.com/cloud-stencil/   The stencil is clouds on one edge and rolling hills on the other (so it is a two for one).
2Using a stamp positioning tool, I stamped the Happy Hedgehog stamp onto Bristol smooth 110 lbs. card stock size 4"x 5.25". I kept the stamp in the stamp positioning tool because I double stamped the image after coloring it with PanPastels. 
3. I colored the body of the hedgehog first, then the flower and then the grass with PanPastels. I placed the panel back into the stamp positioning tool and stamped it again with a fresh layer of ink. 
4. I used Krylon Matte Finish sealant to seal the PanPastels. Then I mounted the panel onto a 4.25" x 5.5" black card base. 
  
Here is my second card for today:
To create my second card I colored my Hedgehog, flower and grass with alcohol markers. I then masked the image with masking paper. I used the ranger sunray stencil, ink blended with distress oxide inks in squeezed lemonade and ripe persimmon, for the background. I removed the masking paper and then mounted the finished panel on purple cardstock (size 4" x 5.25"). I mounted these onto a 4.25" x 5.5" black card base. 


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! 
Please consider subscribing so that you can receive notifications of future postings.

And... don't forget to join us at the Fan Group and YouTube Channel:
Fans of Blue Knight Rubber Stamps (Facebook group) is HERE
and the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel is HERE


My Social Media:

YOU TUBE:

INSTAGRAM: @Shultz551




EMAIL: thehopefulcrafter@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...