Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Lighthouse Silhouette from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps

Did you ever record a craft making video for You Tube but either accidentally delete it or the video gets corrupted?  Yesterday both of those things happened to me! The file corruption actually happened twice!  It is very frustrating when you put your heart and soul into video and talk to yourself (narrate) for 30 plus minutes each time.  I felt as if nothing could go right.

Then I began to play with this beautiful stamp from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps and the beautiful scene went very well. And though I was not able to make a video (our internet was acting up), I was able to capture a good photo in full daylight of the finished product.

This is an amazing stamp. It is very dramatic and punches a powerful impact.



I used distress oxide inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade and Abandoned Coral. This probably wasn't such a good idea on my part. These inks react with water, and I used Staz On to stamp the image. So, even though I hit the background panel with a heat gun, the ink reacted and stayed splotchy no matter how many times I hit it with the heat gun and re inked.  As a result,  I had to color the image in with a permanent marker. The next time I make this card I will use a different ink!   I completed the look with a black mat on craft card stock.

I have a few additional Blue Knight Rubber Stamps that I will be featuring on my Blog. Please let me know what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...