Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Silhouette Cattails Blue Knight Rubber Stamps

Today I have three cards that I created with the new Silhouette Cattails Stamp from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps.  
I created a video of my first card on my YouTube Channel:
 

To create this card, I followed these steps:
1). I cut a piece of Bristol smooth card stock to size 4" x 5"
2). Using the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Cloud Stencil, I created a cloud background with colors from the Day & Night PanPastels Pallete from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps. I alternated the colors of Violet and Turquoise with makeup blending brushes. 
3). Using a stamp positioning tool, I stamped the Silhouette Cattails stamp on top of the Violet and Turquoise cloud background. I used Midnight Archival Ink by Catherine Pooler. I stamped the panel multiple times to get a deeply inked impression.
4). I used my electric eraser to remove some of the clouds from the background so I could stamp the unicorn.
5). I stamped the small unicorn from the Magical Unicorn stamp set multiple times with the same Midnight Ink to get a deeply inked impression.
6). I colored the Unicorn's tail and mane with Ohuhu brand alcohol markers in various bright rainbow colors. 
7). I sprayed the panel with hairspray to seal the PanPastels and prevent smudging. You can also use Krylon Matte sealant spray if you are able to spray it outside or in a well ventilated area.
8). I trimmed my panel and used black cardstock to mat the panel and adhered it to a white 110 lb. card base size 4.25" x 5.5" folded in half and creased with a bone folder.
   
Silhouette Cattails Sunset
 Here's how I created my second card, featuring a large sunset:
1). I cut a piece of Bristol smooth card stock to size 4" x 5".  I die cut a piece of masking paper in the shape of a circle and applied the mask to the bottom center of the panel.
2). I applied Yellow, Orange and Red Iron Oxide and Permanent Red PanPastels to the top half of the panel, overlapping the colors and blending them together. At the midway point in the panel, I reversed the order and applied Red Iron Oxide, Permanent Red, Orange and Yellow PanPastels. I used the Round Angle Slice Sofft Sponge specially designed for PanPastels to apply the colors. These colors are from the Sunrise & Sunset PanPastels Pallete from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps. I blended the colors using the PanPastel colorless blender on a round Sofft Sponge.
3). Using a stamp positioning tool, I stamped the Silhouette Cattails stamp onto the card panel. I used Midnight Ink by Catherine Pooler. I stamped the panel multiple times to get a deeply inked impression. 4). I removed the mask and colored the sun with Yellow PanPastel using a  Sofft Mini Applicator, a small sponge that looks like an eye makeup applicator. 
5). I sprayed the panel with hairspray to seal the PanPastels and prevent smudging. You can also use Krylon Matte sealant spray if you are able to spray it outside or in a well ventilated area.
6). I trimmed my panel and used bright yellow cardstock to mat the panel and adhered it to a white 110 lb. card base size 4.25" x 5.5" folded in half and creased with a bone folder.
 

Silhouette Moose and Silhouette Cattails 
 
Here's how I made this card:
1. I cut a piece of Bristol smooth card stock to size 4" x 5.25"
2. Using the Sunrise & Sunset PanPastels Pallete from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps, I created the background.  I started in the middle of the panel and went to the top with Yellow, Orange, Permanent Red and Magenta. Then I applied the same colors from the middle to the bottom of my panel. This is called the "Split Fountain" technique. I blended the colors using the PanPastel colorless blender on a round Sofft Sponge.
2. Using a stamp positioning tool, I stamped the Silhouette Cattails stamp with Catherine Pooler
Midnight Archival Ink.
3. I removed the Cattails Stamp from my stamp positioning tool. I stamped the medium moose from the Silhouette Moose Stamp set using the same ink, taking care to make sure his feet are grounded and he is not floating above the silhouette ground. 
4.  I sprayed the panel with hairspray to seal the PanPastels.
5. I trimmed the panel and adhered it to a white 110 lb. card base size 4.25" x 5.5" folded in half and creased with a bone folder. 

You can find each of today's featured stamps HERE at the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps web store.  

And don't forget to join us at the Fan Group and on Facebook.

The Blue Knight Rubber Stamps YouTube Channel HERE has lots of great tips and tricks. 

   Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Have a hopeful day!

 Find me on Social Media:

 You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TracyShultz

 Instagram: @Shultz551

 Blog: https://thehopefulcrafter.blogspot.com

 Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/shultz551

Email: thehopefulcrafter@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...