Monday, November 18, 2019

ChristmasTree Farm(Transportation 11.18.19 ModSquadChallenge)

Hello again my friends! I am back with another entry into the Mod Squad Challenge.  The theme this week is "Transportation" and I made this cute card of a Christmas Tree Farm scene. 


If you are not familiar with the Mod Squad Challenge here's the link:
http://modsquadchallenge.com/
Each week they host card making challenges with great prizes!  This week the host of the challenge is the famous You Tube crafter Nancy Stamps!  Nancy's card featured a blue pick up truck.  Nancy is giving away a $25 gift certificate to Kitchen Sink Stamps!

Here's my card recipe and some close ups of the card elements:
1. Unity Stamp "Christmas Tree Farm" from the Oct.18 KOM Club "All Winter Long." I used VersaFine Claire Nocturne ink to stamp the image. I then heat embossed the image with Brutus Monroe Raven embossing powder. The paper I used to stamp on is the new Brutus Monroe White Washed colored card stock.

2. I colored the vehicle in with the following colors Brutus Monroe Aqua Pigments: Red, Green, Frosted Cranberry, Iced Holly, Tinsel Blue, Shimmering Gingerbread and for gray I used surface spray in sidewalk.


3. Next I used the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps Evergreen stamp set to stamp out several different trees at varying heights onto a piece of Brutus Monroe White wash cardstock. I stamped them using VersaFine Claire Rain forest Ink. I then heat embossed the trees with Brutus Monroe fine embossing powder in the color Wicked. 

4. I used a Marvy Snow Marker to add some snow to the Evergreen trees. 

5. I stamped a bird from the Blue Knight Rubber Stamps "Birds 2" set. 

6. I fussy cut the vehicle and used foam tape to adhere it to the Evergreen panel.  

7. I die cut the sentiment "Christmas Blessings" using Brutus Monroe Glitter Cardstock.  The die cut is from HSN. 

8. Finally, I adhered the sentiment to a piece of black card stock (I used a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamps) and then I adhered all everything to a piece of 6"x 6" Brutus Monroe Specialty Paper in Buffalo Plaid. 


I really enjoyed making this card and staging the photo for my Instagram Page. 

Thank you for stopping by my blog. 

Follow me on Social Media:
Instagram: Shultz551
Email: thehopefulcrafter@gmail.com (I will send you a card if you email me)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Spellbinders Guest Creator

Stamp Wars 34

 Last night on Stamp Wars we had two sponsors: Ink On 3 & Pear Blossom Press.  Check out the replay for coupons/discount codes: https://...